ATS is looking for talented designers who have the skill not only to create high quality graphics, but the ability to apply their creations to a user-centered design. Strong graphic designer portfolios are a good start, but we’re looking for more than just GD experience. Excellent HTML5 and CSS3 knowledge, and the ability to position and control UI elements are necessary, along with an understanding of how to construct designs flexible enough to display across multiple browsers, screen sizes, platforms and devices. Most importantly, we are looking for designers that will be able to understand how the product users will want to instinctively interact with the UI, and provide them with the ability to perform their tasks intuitively.
- Part of a design process involving research, experimentation, and revision.
- Incorporate usability testing feedback.
- Elicit constructive feedback and capable of interpreting that feedback into design solutions.
- Perform field research to discover and implement important design details that people may not realize they need.
- Collaborate with others and work well with developers and product management.
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Ability to solve all sorts of design challenges with creativity, efficiency and precision; a full stack designer (interaction, usability, graphic design, HTML5, CSS3 and frontend development).
- UI and UX Design expertise.
- Skilled at building original web sites and applications focused on user experience.
- Demonstrated custom web design skills that show creativity beyond applying third-party templates.
- Comfortable designing for web browsing through any device: be it a desktop, laptop, iPad or smartphone.
- Must be self-directed, confident and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, both written and spoken English, with both technical and not-so-technical people. Ability to explain why a design works or why it doesn’t.
- Relevant undergraduate degree or 3-4 years of web and user application design experience.
- Able to integrate UX into Agile development practices. We release working software in
- Strong visual design skills: Latest trends, color and typography.
- Strong interaction design skills: wireframing, prototyping, HTML5, CSS3.
- A passion for semantic mark-up and standards.
- Experience with: iOS design, Android design, front-end design, OSX design, interaction design, GUI design or usability.
ATS is an equal opportunity employer and an affirmative action employer. ATS does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.